- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blackberries (do not use blueberries)
We went to our local 99cents Only store and sometime we get really great produce for a buck! I bought 18 oz of blackberries for 99 cents. I thought that I would make a favorite of mine!
This recipe is from the Betty Crocker website
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Cream, whipped cream or ice cream, if desired1
- In medium bowl, stir together blackberries and sugar. Let stand about 20 minutes or until fruit syrup forms. Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Stir in melted butter until blended. Spread in ungreased 8-inch square pan. Spoon blackberry mixture over batter.3
I actually tweaked this recipe by adding a crumb topping! With 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter and blend until crumbly in texture.
Spread crumb topping over berry mixture.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until dough rises and is golden. Serve warm with cream.